Tuesday, August 26, 2014

LEGO JUNIORS



I have got three serious LEGO lovers at my house. I loved playing with LEGOS as a kid too and I am happy to see my kids experience the same fun. I think LEGOS are great and offer fun construction play that inspires children to make things at an early age to help build self-confidence and creative thinking skills. Sometimes my older boys get upset at their younger brother for trying to mess with their LEGOS or break what they have built. It is hard because my 4 year old just wants to play, but sometimes in trying to build he actually ends up messing up the older boys' creations.




LEGO JUNIORS is a perfect solution for me! LEGO® JUNIORS is designed to give children age 4-7 a great first experience with LEGO bricks through iconic, fun and easy to build models. LEGO JUNIORS sets contain quick start elements and numbered pre-packed bags that can be built without help from Mom or Dad – which makes any small builder extra proud.

It is so great because my 4 year old had his own age appropriate set to play with and could build it by himself alongside his older brothers when they were building their set. He felt so accomplished and big just like them because he was doing what they were doing. They all had a great time together and I was so happy!

Making and playing are a critical part of a child’s development as it is how he/she discovers and learns about the world. Making is the simple act of doing. It is both a physical experience—being hands on—and awareness that the world is constantly being built and rebuilt. In order to develop as creative thinkers, children need opportunities, stimulating environments and engaging materials to Make. Offering young children age-appropriate supplies is an important part of the journey. Materials like LEGO® JUNIORS bricks set kids up for successful, non-frustrating, experiences for them to Make and re-Make.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs